Under indirect supervision of the Director of Operations, maintains the playing field and grounds at the stadium, team practice fields as well as the grounds surrounding the complex. With a crew, performs unskilled and semi-skilled duties including planting, cleaning, and maintaining sanitary conditions.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinate and oversee field maintenance of practice fields and stadium field to include mowing, fertilizing and cultivating the stadium and Houston practice fields.
• Install/removal of the natural grass playing field for all NFL games as well as other special events that come through the stadium. I.e. exhibits and soccer matches.
• Coordinate and oversee the install/removal and maintenance of synthetic turf for High school and college games.
• Coordinate the maintenance of the Houston Texans indoor practice facility synthetic field.
• Supervise a grounds crew which includes interviewing, hiring, training and maintaining employment records.
• Purchase and maintain the field maintenance equipment and supplies, and keep records of all maintenance and repairs. Supervise the departmental budget.
• Maintain irrigation system (replace sprinkler heads, adjust distribution, inspect moisture content).
• Supervise in the planting and care of shrubs, flowers, trees and grass.
• Uses hand tools and equipment or light powered hand tools.
• Supervise subcontracted grounds keeping employees.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and five (5) years related experience
and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess and maintain a current, valid Texas driver’s license, and self-report any convictions. Must obtain Texas Pesticide Applicators license within 180 days of employment. Preferred: Three (3) years of experience operating a forklift.
Position requires ability to:
• Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
• Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Experience in metal fabrication preferred.
• Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Human Resources Manager
One Reliant Park
Houston, Texas 77054
No phone calls please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SEE REQUIRED SKILLS ABOVE
SEE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION ABOVE
We offer a competitive benefits package including: Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)