SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-time Exhibitor Services Staff at Reliant Park in Houston, Texas. Reliant Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. Reliant Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), Reliant Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), Reliant Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and Reliant Arena. We are seeking a unique Exhibitor Services Staff to join our Events team. The Exhibitor Services Staff under general supervision, performs various duties in connection with scheduled events. Duties will vary between facility and events. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work the Exhibitor Services Desk by processing orders and payments through the online ordering system (Boomer software).
• Processing exhibitor services orders, electrical orders, parking pass orders, telecommunication orders that exhibitors purchase for trade shows, consumer shows and events.
• Prepare and submit daily deposits as revenue is received.
• Administrative duties such as data entry, printing, scanning, copying and faxing.
• Assist the Exhibitor services department with projects as needed.
• During day-to-day operations, serve as an ambassador of Reliant Park, assisting guests, exhibitors, clients, contractors and staff.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, Boomer (Exhibitor Online Ordering System), MS Windows, Lotus 1-2-3, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Good written, verbal and computer skills.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Work in a fast paced environment.
• Possess and maintain a current, valid Texas driver's license, and self-report any convictions.
• Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
• Minor accounting and Excellent cash handling skills.
• Walk/Stand on concrete floors and/or climbing stairs for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day and holidays.
High School diploma or GED and one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 832-667-1801. Only the first 150 applicants will be considered.