SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Gate Supervisor at Reliant Park in Houston, Texas. Reliant Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. Reliant Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), Reliant Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), Reliant Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and Reliant Arena. We are seeking a unique Parking Gate Supervisor to join our Parking team. The Parking Gate Supervisor under direct supervision of the Cash Office Supervisor’s and Parking Management is responsible for supervising the gate operation and parking sales transactions of all guests within the Reliant Park property on a daily event basis. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Must have knowledge of cash handling procedures.
• Collects cash and/or validations and maintains security of cash.
• Ability to handle cash transaction accurately and quickly.
• Make change and issues receipts or tickets to customer for each transaction.
• Must be able to balance collected revenues with the ticket stock.
• Supervise all gate operations.
• Responsible for leading and supervising Cashiers.
• Effectively train and direct the activities of Cashiers assigned to the gates and set the standard for customer service.
• Monitor performance of the Cashiers assigned to the gates.
• Monitor traffic flow into the gates.
• Ensure Cashier follow all company policies and procedures at all times.
• Maintains labor on all events and ensures labor is within the projected guideline.
• Responsible for informing and communicating event information to subordinate staff.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to cash handling and proper use and care of the equipment.
• Maintain an effective working relationship both subordinate and superior staff.
• Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
• Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures and event-related services.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Good written and verbal.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Work in a fast paced environment.
• Promote a professional and clean environment at all times. Maintains cleanliness of booth and picks up trash in the surrounding area.
• Follow all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
• Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
• Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
•Candidates selected for further evaluation will be asked to provide authorization to perform a background, credit check and motor vehicle check.
High school diploma or GED is required. Must have a minimum of two (2) years cash handling experience. Technical School Certificate or Degree is a plus. Possess and maintain a current, valid Texas driver's license, and self-report any convictions.
Email resume to email@example.com or fax 832-667-1801. Only the first 150 applicants will be considered.