SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Vault Supervisor at Reliant Park in Houston, Texas. Reliant Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. Reliant Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), Reliant Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), Reliant Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and Reliant Arena. We are seeking a unique Vault Supervisor person to join our Parking team. The Vault Supervisor under direct supervision of the parking supervisory team, controls the cash flow of the Parking Operations Vault including roll-ticket allocations, cash distribution, collection, and deposits. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
• Maintain the Parking vault’s bank and the vault’s contents on a daily basis including the daily reconciliation.
• Process and balance the Cashier’s daily income reports. Count money to verify amounts and issue receipts for funds received.
• Record and investigate all overages and shortages and promptly report to the Parking Manager and/or his/her designee.
• Notify the Cashier Coordinator of necessary supplies needed from the bank including change, moneybags and deposit books.
• Assist in the training and supervising cashiers.
• Function as a cashier when not executing primary job function.
• Assign cashiers to their gate assignments.
• Compile collection, disbursement, and bank reconciliation reports and run summaries of all sales activity.
• Resolve customer complaints and issues or escalate to Parking Management.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
• Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
• Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
• Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, E-mail, 10-Key experience, Internet and other Parking Systems software.
• Handle multiple projects and assignments.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
• Work in a fast paced environment.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
• Position may require lifting, climbing, carrying, bending, stooping, and kneeling.
• Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
High School diploma or GED and three (3) years related cash related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 832-667-1801. Only the first 150 applicants will be considered.